Since we had so much fun last time and we like sharing stuff (as twins, we learned to share early on), we figured we'd give away yet another $100 Google AdWords certificate that we just received as part of a little thank-you gift from Vistaprint (we are good customers). Last time, our German colleague Anke Wiesinger won the certificate, and we hope she's putting it to good use.
A quick overview of Google AdWords: after signing up for a free Google account or using an existing one, you can register for the adwords service. Detailed online tutorials show you how to buy keywords that you can use to help promote your website via the sponsored links on the margins of the Google search results pages. You will select a few terms related to your business, then determine what you want your daily budget to be (you can easily cap it $100 and not spend a cent beyond that) and the amount you would like to pay every time someone clicks. Once customers search for one of the terms you have purchased, such as "Farsi translator Brisbane," your ads may appear next to the search results. Read more about Google AdWords here. Getting started is quite simple and straightforward.
- You must be a freelance translator or interpreter and have a website to participate. Please include the link in your comment.
- Google is giving away this certificate for new customers only. If you already buying Google AdWords, the system won't let you use this new customer coupon. Sorry; Google said so.
- The certificate expires on March 15, 20011.
- We will e-mail the access code to the winning person.
Here's how to play:
- Identify who is who in the picture above. Is it Dagy/Judy on the left/right? We know it's a challenge, and we even dressed the same (we don't do that a lot). It was taken in Utah (Zion National Park area) in 2008.
- Tell us the name of Dagy's beloved cat. She lives in Vienna, but was born in Vegas (a very international cat).
Good luck and have fun!