Please see the following job posting, which was recently announced. It will be located in Las Vegas, NV. The hiring company is Language Access Network (LAN), a well-established provider of video remote interpreting services. The company is requesting that all résumés and letters of intent be e-mailed to email@example.com. Please contact LAN directly if you have any questions. We have no connection to LAN and are sharing this job posting as a courtesy -- perhaps one of our fantastic colleagues will get this position?
Established in 2003 as a Video Remote Interpreting (VRI) company, Language Access Network has since become the trusted leader for healthcare communications. As hospitals and other healthcare organizations seek to mitigate growing costs, LAN acts as a true partner to these organizations, helping them realize not only cost savings, but a true Return on Investment within their language services departments.
Looking to expand your career in a team-oriented, people-focused company? Language Access Network offers a positive work environment committed to improving the lives of patients and providers every day. We don’t settle for the daily grind; rather, we excel at improving outcomes, fostering teamwork and joining together for the benefit of our clients.
Looking for something more in your career? Connect to the bigger picture with Language Access Network.
Position Manager, Language Services
Location: Las Vegas Language Center
Classification: Middle Management
The Manager of Language Services maintains and controls all operations within the Language Services department. The Manager reports to the Director of the department, as well as executive staff on key tasks. The Manager is actively involved in planning, vendor selection for the Department, establishing Language Center culture and implementing corporate vision.
- Recruitment, training and orientation of language services staff
- Coordinate and assign supervisors
- Oversee all interpreters and operators, including remote staff
- Assist in developing internal policies
- Determine staffing needs in conjunction with Executive and Directorial staff
- Liaise between Executive Management and staff
- Perform preliminary testing with internal processes and software
- QA of internal and external interpreting, mentoring and coaching of interpreters, methods and best practices
- Serve as SME of interpreter service requirements in developing new platform
- Work with IT to provide understanding of interpreter practices and needs in relation to technology
- Establish a positive work environment and develop key strategies to foster a healthy corporate environment
- Develop and implement performance measures
- All other duties as assigned
- Ability to manage and motivate people in a positive work environment, comprehensive knowledge of Language Services including best practices, Interpreter Code of Ethics and Standards of Practice. Comprehensive knowledge of hospital language service program structure and needs, basic knowledge of HR practices and regulations, excellent problem solving skills, the ability to work both independently and collaboratively within a team, excellent communication skills both written and oral, ability to champion the needs of the department, comprehensive knowledge of computer platforms and programs used in the Language Center, attention to detail and excellent record keeping skills.
Certification from a national body regarding interpretation preferred, but not required.