|Judy's masterpiece in Washington, D.C.|
- Up to 5 dresses and/or skirts (summer dresses; winter is an entirely different issue)
- One business suit (we don't roll the jacket and rather fold it on the very top; can get a bit wrinkly)
- Up to 6 tops (short-sleeved or without sleeves)
- Running shoes, pair of dress heels for work, flip-flops
- Packing cube with underwear, scarves, socks, etc.
- Packing cube with laptop charger cables, other chargers, etc.
- Laptop (oftentimes we have to fit the laptop in our rolling carry-on because otherwise, with a laptop bag and a purse, we'd have three carry-ons, which is one too many)
There's no way we would be able to fit this much without the rolling packing technique and yes, the right carry-on (here's our recent favorite). We don't have an elaborate technique for folding and then rolling--we just wing it (but there are plenty of experts on YouTube who will show you exactly how to do it). Check out this video about the rolling technique. We also like this packing guide.
What about you, dear colleagues? Any travel secrets you would like to share?