Here is the presentation abstract:
Pricing is a controversial and complex subject, and it’s one that all linguists need to think about very seriously. In order to make a good living in the profession that we love, it’s essential to figure out how to price our services. It's not about the price someone tells you to charge, but rather what do you want to make and how do you get there.
The webinar will cover:
- How much do you want to make?
- Moral/ethical obligations?
- Brief overview of supply, demand and price
- The peanuts/monkeys phenomenon
- Alternatives to very low prices for newcomers to the profession
- The business case for no free translation tests
- Surcharges (weekend, 24-hour turnaround, PDF, etc.)
- Dealing with adversity
- Adjustments for inflation