Time sure does fly. It seems like yesterday that we were debating whether the world really needed another translation (and interpreting) blog, and here we are. We've had a lot of fun throughout the years, and it's been a pleasure to share the (useful) stuff that we know with colleagues, clients and friends.
We've never (at least not yet) run out of ideas to share, and it's been really enjoyable to start thinking like bloggers and to keep our blog in mind when learning new information. We are always asking ourselves: would this be useful for our readers? How can we present it in a concise, easy-to-read way? Granted, it's quite a bit of work, but it's worth it.
Here's a brief overview of the Translation Times adventure:
- 4 years (launched in September 2008)
- 389 posts (some not published yet)
- 1,515 comments
- 312,218 page views
- Winner, Top Languages Professional Blog, 2011
- Most popular blog posts: The True Spirit of Christmas: Helping a Colleague Recover (3,581 page views), Your Courtroom Ally (2,991 page views) and What Interpreters Really Do (1,683 page views)
- Spam comments by people who want to promote their own products: too many too count
- Hours spent writing posts and managing the blog: roughly 1-2 hours/week
- Size of our team: 3. Thomas Gruber is our tech guru and he's constantly finding and testing new software for us to share with our readers
- Companies who ask to do guest posts under the pretense of selling their services: too many to count
- Most important achievement: raising $11,000 for a colleague in need with the help of all our readers. We'd like to once again thank you, from the bottom of our hearts!
We look forward to many more years of blogging. Will you help us celebrate? Leave a comment if you like our blog! Is there anything else you would like us to write about? We are happy to oblige. Just let us know.